Sunday, July 8, 2012

His eye is on the sparrow

It's been a while since I have been here in this space. As I have been taking some time to focus on things that are extremely important, I have not forgotten all of you! I thank each of you for your kind words of encouragement and love and for all of your prayers. It means the world to me that so many of you that I do not know in "real" life yet have become a real support in my life! Thank you!!

As I have taken time away, I have found that it is important to keep writing and with the encouragement of my sweet friend Barbie, I have found that in journaling. I have always been one to write things down...taking notes and put to paper what God has placed on my heart but Barbie has taken it one step further by added colour to her thoughts! She found that inspiration from a new blogger to me...and I love this expression of faith. 


These are the words that splashed the pages of my journal Saturday morning:
"It's a dark cloudy morning...looks like rain and yet the birds sing. They sing happily, joyfully...they sing their praises. They seem oblivious to the storm that is brewing. I want to sing like the birds and yet I feel more like the clouds...dark, heavy, ready to let loose the water that hides inside. Yet behind the clouds is the sun. It tries to push through and eventually it will. The sun will shine. The sun does shine. The Son does Shine."
 "I, Jesus...am the bright morning star" Revelation 22:6

After I wrote this, I went outside and watched the storm come in. Anyone who knows me well enough, knows I am not one for storms but I was intrigued by the birds. As the storm came in, I noticed the birds disappear...they took refuge, found a place of comfort and security...a place of protection and reprieve from the storm. As the sky grew darker and the earth shook with claps of thunder, the sky brightened by flashes of light, those birds were nowhere to be seen but as the storm moved on, before the rain had completely quit, those same birds came back out. They started singing again, right where they had left off. The enjoyed the light rain and the earth full of bounty! They were thankful for this shower...a shower of blessing!

Isn't it like that though? Isn't this exactly how we should be in life's storms...taking refuge...finding a place of comfort and security...a place of protection and reprieve? Isn't that exactly what He offers...so when the storm lightens, we can come out singing songs of praise for the storm...for the showers of blessing. Midst the storm it is sometimes hard to find that place of thankfulness, however it is in these times that we can find comfort  in Him and when we look back we can see it as a shower of blessing! He is the only one that can take a test and make it testimony! 

I watched the birds a while longer and as the storm turned about face and came back, the birds retreated again. They found their safe place...there shelter in the storm. They don't stay out in the storm alone and in the way of danger. Life is like that...it is full of ups and downs, storms will come...but God is always there to offer that shelter...that safe place. He doesn't expect us to stand out in the midst of the storm, alone and unprotected...He offers shelter...a safe place.

I will admit, I have not always gone to Him in the midst of this storm. I have found myself on days struggling on my own with the rain pouring down on me, the earth shaking beneath me and lightning bolts that feel as if the are taking aim right at me...but the birds on this Saturday morning have reminded that I do not have to go it alone. I do not have to stand in the rain unprotected. I have a safe place...right in His arms!

He protects each of those birds and He will protect me!

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31

( original source )
ps. i am not sure at this point how often i will post...so for now "Finding Peace in Psalm 23" is still on hold. thank you again for your continued prayers!

6 comments:

  1. I really love this inspirational post. Taking refuge in God during our life's storm. Dropping by from " Fresh Brewed Sunday"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend. I've weathered a few storms in my life, and am currently in the midst of another. I love that we can find shelter in His wings, that He hides me in the rock. In this storm He will carry you. You will find strength and you will rise up with wings as eagles. Love you my friend. Keep allowing Him to colour your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have wondered how you are doing. Please know that you are cared about with many prayers. I have been drenched in more storms than I care to relive, but they are all part of my story...how much God has loved me, changed me, drawn me to him...how I feel closer to him even though I still wince when I think of some of the things that I've been thru. Yes, take refuge for as I know you understand God is safe and to be trusted. Will keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Just popping to tell you I miss you! You've been on my mind and in my heart. I have a little package coming to you in the mail. Some things I owe you, some things that I hope are God's timely gifts to you! I will get that out to you today. Know that today you are loved. He sees your every need, the ache that burns deep in your heart. He hears you. He leans over the balcony of heaven just to hear your voice. He applauds all that you are doing today. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,just stopping by to say how delightful your blog
    is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now
    following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you
    would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs,
    Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popping by to say hello. I've been thinking about you lately...wondering how you are doing....

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by today!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. Please feel free to leave your thoughtful expressions. I look forward to reading them!!

Blessings,
~Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...