Friday, June 1, 2012

see

"So, here’s the skinny: I’ve been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing." ~Gypsy Mama

what happens when the rain is tears

and the storm is personal

what happens when you can't see clearly

you can't think clearly

when the storm comes out of the middle of no where

when the lightning strikes

when the thunder rolls

what happens when the storm is out of control

where do you hide

where do you turn

it is times like these that i seem to revert to old habit

 but i am fighting that old self

i am trying to look up

even though the rain is pouring in my face

and i am terrified of the lightning

i am looking up

looking up to Him who can hold me, comfort me, keep me safe

i may not see clearly yet

but i will...when the rain is gone

13 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Poignant. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this might be my favorite 5-minute poem. And the graphic is beautiful. And now that song is in my head. I loved this one . Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Psalm 121:1, "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?". Beautiful writing today my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, friend! Sometimes the words come easier when the one word prompt touches a piece of home! Still trying to see clearly but I know which direction to look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my friend...how are you doing? Even in my own storm, I've been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yes!! Such a wonderful piece of Scripture...clinging to that today!! Thank you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect verse to tie it all together! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poetry! Lovely...

    p.s. - I'm praying for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth StewartJune 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM

    Kerri,
    Trying to figure out why my comments aren't showing and I think it's because I wasn't logging in first. Let me know if it shows up now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! i'm so glad you were able to figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by today!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. Please feel free to leave your thoughtful expressions. I look forward to reading them!!

Blessings,
~Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...