Friday, June 15, 2012

path


"So, here’s the skinny: every Friday for over a year hundreds of people join a kind of writing flash mob...For five minutes flat. No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real. All on the same prompt...Write and see what comes out. There’s no right or wrong." ~Gypsy Mama
( source )
sometimes the path is not well lit

sometimes it seems dark, lonely and even frightening

sometimes you can't see the end

the distance is unknown

the obstacles unsure

how long, how deep, how  much farther?

...how much pain...

...how much sadness...

unanswered questions, unresolved feelings

thoughts overwhelm

time drags on

tears burn...so do words

it's a path that must be taken

a path that will lead to healing

a path that is hard

but a path that will strengthen

...i am not alone...

this path can't be taken alone

He is with me...guiding me...leading me

His word...my lamp...my light

in His hands...my path

in His hands...my healing

clinging to that truth

6 comments:

  1. So thoughtfully and beautifully written...how much more difficult we make our paths when we are outside of His word and way for us. Amazing grace that He gives us all we need to heal and be strong...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! so true, so encouraging - glad you linked up!

    Marissa @ forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and inspiring. You said it so clearly. That there is so much pain, but that is part of the path He has weaved for us. Glad to have found you thru the Five Minute Friday link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartfelt, uplifting. Just beautiful.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beautiful!! I am so glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful that He is right beside us on those hard, painful paths. I could not take one step without Him! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by today!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. Please feel free to leave your thoughtful expressions. I look forward to reading them!!

Blessings,
~Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...