Monday, June 11, 2012

joy dare...counting 484-504

It's hard to count gifts of joy when you are hurt, broken and filled with sadness. It's hard to count gifts of grace when you upset, angry and frustrated. It's hard to give thanks when your in the midst of a valley...to be thankful in the midst of a storm...but when you are down in the depths, truly the only way to look is up and when you look up you can see it. You can see the light....you can see the Light!! His light...His face that holds all the reasons to be thankful....to be joyful! It's not easy but it is possible and so I fight to find the joy in the midst of this storm...I fight because I know He is faithful!

3 gifts found in Christ
His faithfulness in the midst of my storm, His reassurance that He will see me through to the end, His love that leads me, guides me, redirects me...even when I fall off the trail

a gift of peace, of hope, of love
morning time in His word and in prayer, Biblical counsel to see us through, support and prayer of others

3 gifts "ugly-beautiful"
tears...some from being hurt, but some from being hurtful, words...that express where the difficulty has been but lead us to a road of healing, time spent alone...to ponder and think and to realize what I am fighting for 

3 gifts in what you are reading
this Psalm in which I am living rather than just studying, this verse brought to reality and filled with healing truth, the reminder of where my help comes from given to me by my friend Barbie

3 gifts emptied
my thoughts...poured out in hopes to begin healing, his feelings...which began this new direction on a road to wholeness, tear ducts...flowed out often as we work together to find a way

3 gifts that made you really smile
the sense of humor of my beautiful friend Beatrice, watching Bubba play with his cars....lining them all up in a perfect row on the end of his bed before he falls asleep, how Boo is in this "fancy" mode and everything needs to be as such....fancy clothes, fancy food, etc.

a gift at 8, at 12, at 2
my Sunday morning read, how this same verse was reinforced at service that same morning, friends who still want to "do" life with us even when we are not quite ourselves


12 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Even when the storm is hard and you just want to be on the other side of it...here it is where you get to see God meeting you right where you are. Even though we are weak and broken he loves us anyways and wants to be our strength to make it through
    whatever storm you are facing...praying you make it out safe and sound.
    love and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you today my friend. He is in the center of this storm. I know it's hard to see past it. But He won't leave you. He will continue to be the Good Shepherd who will lead you and guide you safely. You will come through this, with JOY overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honest list of thanks in the midst of not being quite yourself. He is faithful to be your udder when the map has blown away. Thanks for leaving a comment at my place. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rudder, not udder. Not that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, my friend! Kind of struggling with storms of my own right now so I know too well that it can become difficult to choose thankful! Proud of you for following through anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you. Aching for you. Wondering how to bear one another's burdens well with a friend I only know through writing. Thankful all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ugly-beautiful gifts. I can so relate. I've cried a tear or two this week over the same. Blessings for your week ahead. Count the days a joy!

    http://positivelyalene.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know He is right here in this valley with me...thank you for your prayers, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you and thank you for your return visit and your kind and supportive words...they mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the prayers...continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your support and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by today!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. Please feel free to leave your thoughtful expressions. I look forward to reading them!!

Blessings,
~Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...